Today I woke up to a very real Winter Wonderland. For the first time in weeks it's snowing, and it seems it has been like so for hours. Hate to sound like a grinch, sure it's looking pretty, but let's hope that the traffic won't suffer - I really need to be on time today...
The day we shot these pictures was totally different though! The temperature suddenly went 10C up, and I just couldn't miss that. We found this little fall oasis right in the heart of the city and managed to shoot a very autumny-inspired, fun and playful pictures that I lovelovelove. I think they seem more natural and lively, a bit different from just standing and looking nice (okay I still do that, buuut), and I feel that I want to explore this side more and more. There's no other time that would be better than the new year to become more easygoing and lighthearted. Do you believe in the new year - new beginnings thing?
After shooting we took a little walk in downtown and saw The Bay's amazing holiday window displays inspired by the late 1800s' Christmas aestetics. I've never been too fascinated by shop windows, but these really made me stare like a little girl. I've never seen such careful and delicate work as these with insane amount of smallest details, and all those little figures of elves and people were moving! This reminded me of how much I wanted the holidays to come and of all those fun things that will be happening around that I wanted to see, visit and experience. But most of all it reminded me of curling under the blanket, lighting the candles, drinking some glogg and watching Nutcracker, which is my favorite Christmas story.
The day we shot these pictures was totally different though! The temperature suddenly went 10C up, and I just couldn't miss that. We found this little fall oasis right in the heart of the city and managed to shoot a very autumny-inspired, fun and playful pictures that I lovelovelove. I think they seem more natural and lively, a bit different from just standing and looking nice (okay I still do that, buuut), and I feel that I want to explore this side more and more. There's no other time that would be better than the new year to become more easygoing and lighthearted. Do you believe in the new year - new beginnings thing?
After shooting we took a little walk in downtown and saw The Bay's amazing holiday window displays inspired by the late 1800s' Christmas aestetics. I've never been too fascinated by shop windows, but these really made me stare like a little girl. I've never seen such careful and delicate work as these with insane amount of smallest details, and all those little figures of elves and people were moving! This reminded me of how much I wanted the holidays to come and of all those fun things that will be happening around that I wanted to see, visit and experience. But most of all it reminded me of curling under the blanket, lighting the candles, drinking some glogg and watching Nutcracker, which is my favorite Christmas story.
I wonder what's your favorite one?








0 comments:
Post a Comment