Shopping Survival Guide + My Favorite Shopping Destinations in Toronto



I've planned an outfit post, but eventually decided that I cannot ignore such big thing as the sales season. How was your Black Friday? Have you found any amazing deals?   
The best offers, in my opinion, were at GAP (50% off entire store), ZARA (30% off entire store), Adidas (40% entire store) and Hollister (40% off entire store). I expected more from two of my favorites, Aldo and Victoria's Secret Pink, but maybe next time! 

I kind of stepped out of my comfort zone with my purchase - this coziest turtleneck from GAP at $30 only (50% off, remember?). I'd never been a fan of turtlenecks, but I'm so happy with this one that I've already shot an outfit post with it - will be on the blog soon!

As the sales are not over and the Cyber Monday has just hit, I've decided to share a little shopping survival guide. These simple steps help me manage my finances and stay happy with whatever I buy. Hope it will help you too!  

     

Set a budget

The most important rule. Set yourself a limit and don't go over it. The easiest way is to withdraw the money in advance and leave the card at home. 

Identify the need

Identifying the needs and the wants and keeping yourself focused really helps in saving money, time and energy.

Shop at your favorite stores

It's likely that the stores you shop more frequently at have the items that will suit you style and the entire wardrobe. You will have a few successful outfit combinations right away. 


Take a bottle of water

When you're anxious or overwhelmed, the temperature of you body rises, and you end up making unwise decisions. Take a bottle of water with you to literally cool yourself down when you feel especially emotional or when making an important decision about an item. 
  

Avoid big shopping malls

As much as I love the Eaton Center for its convenient location, it's difficult to shop there. The stores are cluttered and overcrowded, and the smaller sizes are frequently sold out. Plus, you are always tempted to check on more stores than you've planned. I would recommend to visit separate store locations if possible.     


And the bonus:

The best places to shop in Toronto, in my opinion, are:


Yorkdale Shopping Center, early morning to 12pm. It you are size XS-S, you know all the pain of shopping for the smaller sizes in the big shopping malls: always sold out. My experience proves that you'll be able to find smaller sizes at Yorkdale even in the middle of the selling season.   

Queen St. It's like a mall but all on the one really long street. Between University Av. and Spadina Av. you'll find ZARA, GAP, Adidas, Aldo, Guess, Little Burgundy, Aritzia, MAC, Brandy and Mellville and even the Asian make-up store Holika Holika. Go further west, and you'll find endless independent designer and vintage stores, showrooms and cafes. I usually shop in downtown area and didn't find it overcrowded even on the Black Friday. The merchandise is mostly kept in the order, and I've had the best experience with finding smaller sizes. 

H&M at Yonge & Bloor. My favorite H&M in Toronto to shop at, especially for the accessories. Go early in the morning, and it's usually nice and neat. This area is also one of the most vibrant in Toronto, perfect for showing the city to someone who's visiting. You'll find all the luxury stores like Chanel and Prada, as well as Yorkville, one of the oldest and fanciest neighborhoods in Toronto.  

Do you also have any shopping tips to share?

Thank you for reading! xx
Photo by Jerrsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment