Skin care and beauty have always been important for me ever since I was a little girl. Just like lots of us girls, I used to steal my Mom's make-up and couldn't wait until I get old enough to have a set on my own. I wrote a piece here where I shared a few thoughts about my skincare and my wishlist. I've actually got a few items from this list already, so I probably should do a little review.
Today I decided to talk a bit more about skin care and about some important rules of it that I guess we all struggle the most because it too easy to start avoiding them. No matter how much I love to take care of myself, at times I avoid them too! Do you? Let's see and compare.
1. Be consistent.
Our skin becomes accustomed to what we use on a daily basis, so it's useful to change the line from time to time. But constantly switching products causes a huge stress for our skin and results in breakouts, redness, irritation and even allergies.
Me: I'm not always consistent, because as I said here, my skin care depends on my budget. Sometimes I even survive on samples, but I'm really working on setting up a proper full-time routine.
2. Wash with hot water.
There's hardly anything that I love more than a relaxing hot shower, but dermatologists don't recommend this. Hot water actually washes away the skin's protective oils and leaves it even drier. Washing our hands with hot water during the day and then drying them with the dryer makes our skin even thinner.
Me: I was struggling with limiting myself to quick 5-10 min showers, but as I moved to the apartment with a water heater that depends on electricity I'm doing much better. Also, I always wear gloves when I wash my dishes or clean my apartment.
3. Apply moisturising cream.
A good body lotion is very important. It soothes, nourishes and moisturises the skin leaving it soft, elastic and healthy-looking. Again, in fall-winter months when we wear a lot of itchy clothes body care is very important. Just avoid too cheap or too fragrant lotions such as Strawberry-Kiwi-Something, because they're obviously full of chemicals and can cause irritation.
Me: I am a huge lover of body care. Ironic, but I'm skipping body lotion quite a lot mostly because I feel lazy and sleepy in the evenings, and this is something that I have to work on.
4. Exfoliate.
It's crucial to remove dead skin cells. Exfoliation is also helpful in battling all types of skin imperfections, including post-acne and scarring. It's usually recommended to gently exfoliate 1-2 times per week.
Me: I used to skip this step A LOT during the past two years, but recently I made an effort and started to use a facial scrub. It is crucial to take a comprehensive care of your skin as you are approaching your 25th birthday.
5. Apply a mask
Face masks soothe, nourish, moisturise and clean the skin. It's a very important and very yummy step.
Me: I always loved masks. Back to when my skin was oily, my absolute favorite was Lumene Arctic Touch Deep Cleansing Peat Mask for normal \ oily skin. Lumene doesn't seem to sell in Canada, and I actually miss their make-up and skin care a lot. I haven't found a mack that would be both affordable and good enough for me and for my skin yet, so I'm working on it.
I wonder what would you answers be?
Thank you for reading! xx
I wonder what would you answers be?
Thank you for reading! xx


0 comments:
Post a Comment