On Skin Care & My Winter Beauty Wishlist






I wrote this piece on the skin cake rules for my internship blog last week, and it really made me think about my own skin care habits. I've always been passionate about health and beauty, and even thought my beauty routine fluctuated over the years and hasn't always been consistent, I still enjoy this topic a lot.

A few years ago I used to treat myself with home spa sessions every weekend. I was a little loner, lived in my tiny cozy apartment, was really focused on me-time and took a lot of care of my beauty. 

When I moved to Toronto, a lot in my lifestyle has changed. It was much more fun and joy, but my beauty routine kind of suffered because my new apartments were less appropriate and a bit more crowded for my quiet and intimate spa evenings. Almost for a year I'd been washing my skin with whatever. Last winter I went to a cosmetologist and found out that my skin is not combination anymore. It's actually dry now - a type of skin that demands a lot of attention, so I had to start taking comprehensive care of it again.  

Usually my skin care choices depend heavily on my budget - and my mental health. Last year I went through some hard times including incredible stress over the money issue. I didn't let myself buy anything and didn't even have a proper face wash. This year I tried to use only cruelty-free and vegan products, but it didn't work for me too for various reasons. Eventually, I decided to break the chains, realized the importance of taking care of myself and of my mental and physical heath, and came back to drugstore beauty. There is a whole world that is now open to me, and I am fascinated like a kid in a toy store! I'll be getting a whole new skin care set very soon, and I literally can't wait for it. It may sound funny, but it's such an important step for me to let myself live and choose freely, including beauty products. Our mental balance and our skin care habits in our early 20s are crucial as they will inevitably catch up with us 10, 20 and 30 years later. 

        Currently I'm going through a major beauty obsession phase and thinking about skin care, lipstick and brushes a lot, so my beauty wishlist seems massive. Of course, as I am a lot smarter now (at least hope so haha), I'll try not to go crazy with it! But on the other hand, Christmas holidays are approaching, so who knows what I'm going to find under the Christmas tree? ;)

What's in your beauty wishlist? 

Thank you for reading! xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment