I've always loved the city at night. When I was listening to my favorite music, I always envisioned the lights of the city, and this image has always been giving me energy and inspiration. Why do I love the night so much? Because only in the night this crazy feeling comes. The feeling that you are young and everything is possible, that you can fly away right now if you just decide to, and that everything done wrong will disappear with the dawn. The night is an eternity.
The story that we've shot may not seem as lighthearted as I describe it. Well, I am not that kid anymore too! The romanticized image that was stuck in my head was that powerful so has brought me to this point in my life, and I am grateful for that. But as much as I still love the night, now I have a different vision of all the lights and sounds. To leave out the dreams and fantasies about flying and to start literally learning to fly is way more painful and even terrifying at times. I need a balance. I try to be right there, inside the present moment, live it just as it is and be just where I am.
The night seems very different without that old ectatic lyrical feeling. It is different, but still magical and enchanting and turns the world into another reality. If I ever make a movie, Emily Browning will be playing me, and will set it all up at night.
Top - H&M, Jeans - Urban Outfitters, Shoes - Topshop
Thank you for reading!
Photos by Jerrsey.







0 comments:
Post a Comment