New Year Is Almost Here


Photography by Jerrsey, edited by me


So I woke up to the clear blue skies today, sunny winter morning, no snow, and we are literally hours away from the beginning of the New Year! How do you feel about it? For me, I have some very important things ahead of me that I'm surely looking forward to, but can't help being a little nervous about them! The only thing I see is that 2015 may be quite a year of decisions, a year of actions, a year of new perspectives and new horizons. Don't want to say anything in details, sure lots of us have many decisions to make, let's just live it and see it happen! 

  

I've read many New-Year-dedicated blog posts over the past few days. What I noticed is that almost everyone admits that the year was hard, and everyone is excited about it going away. Well, the year of 2014 was one of the toughest for me too. I started it being in a quite a messy state, feeling completely lost and depressed, I'd come to some point in my life where I saw myself in a dead end, no way to turn, no reason to wake up in the morning, and no one to help. I made a big decision and switched the field of study, slowly started recovering and finally reached for assistance. As a result, later this year I've accomplished things that I thought I'd never be able to handle. What amazed me the most is that it involved a great deal of the ability to write, to create a text, something that I thought was nothing but an extra skill on mine like folding paper birds. Now I feel grateful for this ability and enjoy creating. Isn't the life full of surprises?      



I also started this blog. It was originally a school assignment yet I'd been reading the blogs long before that and always wanted to start one. A few days ago I thought that the future of this project may not be as important as the fact that I actually started it, after many years of thinking and over many fears. Writing an open blog where your face and name is well-known turned out more different and actually tougher than I thought. SFC is only 7 months old, but it already drives me into thinking about various things, and I am grateful for that. The last thing I learnt was to edit the photographs myself, which I am pretty proud of!



Yes, the year was tough, but was there ever any quick and easy year? I think the key is to always be brave, to know that certain things will arise anyway because overcoming is what life is made of, and to keep focused on the goals, even shortest-term ones, and on the idea that there's always, always a new dawn after the storm.   



To sum this up, I hope to be the best version of myself in 2015. To worry less, to get rid of regrets, to let the fears go, to be brave, open and light-hearted, to fully live in a present moment, to fully forgive myself, to be less greedy and more generous, to take care of myself and of those who need it, and to forgive certain people. 


In terms of resolutions, I hope to minimize sugar and gluten consumption, to shop consciously, to set up and follow a proper skin care and beauty routine, to treat myself more, to read 10 books, to watch at least 10 movies and to post here frequently.         



 Today I'm going to cook something yummy, probably watch a movie and of course make a wish when the clock will be striking 12. My favorite moment... I hope you're spending your holidays just right and are ready for the brand new, fresh and clean energies to take over!



Thank you for reading and Happy New Year! xx


***

Coat - ZARA, Jeans - GARAGE, Boots - Aldo, Beanie - Topshop, Scarf - Maison Scotch, Mittens - Accessorize, Bag - Forever 21, Lipstick - Maybelline Creamy Mattes in Lust For Blush










0 comments:

Post a Comment