The weirdest picture of myself that has even been shared here?
Possibly yes haha! But no regrets now.
I was introduced to photography two years ago. Since then I have learnt the significant names and some basics techniches, have developed style preferences and got favorite photographers. I'm learning to look at an editorial and to see all the tremendous work behind it. I even write about photography for the student blog (find it here and here). But as much as I like photography, the responsibility for my creations frightens me. A camera, a real camera that costs money scares me as hell.
Probably because I am a major perfectionist! As I mentioned in the last post, everything must be perfect right now, and if it is not, it devastates me. Do your ever feel that? And what do you define as "perfect"? Was there ever such thing? Does "perfect" exist while you are still formulating the markers of youself and of your work? I guess I am in the process of learning how to make my own mistakes, and of learning to accept and to value them.
That day we were just wondering around and run into fascinating disposable cameras. A little Kodak baby helped me to get rid of the responsibility pressure for every single frame. I also loved the effortless vibe of the "travel notes". I think the pictures have a bit of indie vibe (you'll get it when you see it!), but it is okay for now. The feeling of freedom that have never been felt with any other camera is very refreshing. I think it can work out as a transition phase, as a vaccine from my "serious-camera-fear".
What do you think about perfectionism as a part of creation process? Feel free to leave comments below, and stay tuned for the updates!
Thank you for reading!
Header photo by Jerrsey shot with the disposable Kodak camera.


0 comments:
Post a Comment